- RMHC may collect Personal Information (as defined below), such as your first and last names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers; payment information when you make a transaction such as donating to RMHC; and demographic information and other information about you. We and our service providers may automatically collect certain information while you use the Site, including your Device Identifier (as defined below), browser/operating system, referring URL or advertisement, and all of the areas our Site you visit. There are a variety of technologies that collect this information including cookies, local storage and web beacons. In addition, we may receive information about you from third parties.
- We may use the information we collect for a variety of purposes including to: enable you to use our Site; process your donation; personalize your experience and offers; and provide you with information, opportunities, or services from us and our third-party partners.
- We may also share your information with third parties, including our service providers. We do not share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
- We work with advertisers and analytics service providers to target our advertisements elsewhere online, and to provide us information on the effectiveness of our advertisements and Site traffic. We may share non-Personal Information (including hashed or otherwise de-identified personal information) with service providers for these same purposes. Some of the companies participate in a self-regulatory program that allows you to opt-out of having information about you used for targeted advertising. Learn more about third party advertisers and similar third parties on our Site, and the opt-outs they may offer.
Information We Collect Automatically As You Access and Use the SiteWe and our third-party service providers (including any third-party content, advertising, and analytics providers) may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect certain information about your use of the Site whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include the browser and operating system you are using, the URL or advertisement that referred you to our Site, the search terms you entered into a search engine that led you to our Site, all of the areas within our Site that you visit, and the time of day you visit the Site, among other information. Usage Information also includes the IP address, mobile device identifier, or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for any computer, mobile phone, or other device used to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your device and our servers identify your device by its Device Identifier. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including enhancing or otherwise improving the Site and our services, and to target content or offers to users. The Usage Information we collect is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as Personal Information. “Cookies” and local storage are pieces of information (data files) transferred to an individual’s browser on their device when the device is used to visit a site. These technologies are able to store a unique identifier for a device to allow a certain Internet site to recognize the device whenever the device is used to visit the site, and may be used for many purposes, including remembering information that will make your use of the site more convenient. Like most Internet sites, the RMHC Site uses these technologies for a variety of purposes. For example, we use these technologies to serve targeted advertising elsewhere online, to track the total number of visitors to our site on an anonymous, aggregate basis, and to remember you when you return to the Site and remember your preferences. We may associate Personal Information with a data file. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at AllAboutCookies.org. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built into or downloaded by you onto your device. Flash cookies may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation, enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences. For more information about Flash and the privacy choices Adobe offers, visit the Adobe's Flash Player Settings Manager page. If you choose to disable cookies or to adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, some features of the Site may not function properly. Use the options in your Internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. If you disable all cookies or adjust your Flash privacy settings on your device, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the RMHC website. Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags,” “1x1 GIFs,” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be invisible to you, but any electronic image or other web programming code inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened or to count how many particular links were actually viewed. In addition, we may use a variety of other technologies that collect similar information for security and fraud detection purposes.
INFORMATION USEWe may use the information we collect, including Personal Information and Usage Information:
- to enable you to use our Site, and to provide related services and care, including responding to your questions, complaints or comments;
- to process your donation and, as applicable, create your account or personal profile;
- to provide you with information, opportunities, or services that you have requested or that we otherwise believe will interest you, including opportunities to donate and other special opportunities from us and our third-party partners;
- to personalize your experience by tailoring content, recommendations, and opportunities we display to you, both on the Site and elsewhere online;
- for internal business purposes such as to improve our Site and services;
- to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- to process information you provide via our Site, including verifying that your email address is active and valid;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations; and